Having fresh breath can be easy by following a few simple steps!
At Bay Dental Group, we understand the importance of fresh breath. If you have any questions regarding the steps below, please feel free to contact us today!
- Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes twice a day with a toothpaste that is proven to fight cavities and plaque bacteria.
- Brush your tongue well or use a tongue scraper, paying attention to the back of your tongue where most odour causing bacteria are found.
- Flossing effectively, once daily will help by removing food particles and bacteria between teeth. This will help to prevent cavities and bad breath.
- Mouthwash - a little swishing is all it takes! Rinsing for 30 seconds to one minute with an alcohol free mouthwash.
- Attend regular dentist appointments. It is important to have your teeth professionally cleaned by a Registered Dental Hygienist and having cavities restored by your Dentist.
- If you chew gum, having sugar-free or xylitol, can help prevent dental cavities.
Written by Sandra Hill, Registered Dental Hygienist